Core Definition Files
A core is comprised of several files, which all must be placed into the core’s folder.
- core.json: Required. Main core definition file.
- audio.json: Required. Audio features. (upcoming feature)
- data.json: Required. List of all data slots.
- input.json: Required. Description of custom button mappings for the core. (remapping coming soon)
- interact.json: Required. List of custom UI elements for the in-core menu, which can be used to interact with the core while running.
- variants.json: Required. Variants list for supporting small variations of a base core. (upcoming feature)
- video.json: Required. Video settings. Defines the video scaler settings used, namely resolution for each of the 8 scaler slots.
- info.txt: Extra information that will be shown in the core’s Platform Detail view. Up to 32 lines can be displayed - no special characters. Bullet points can be shown by starting a line with an asterisk (
- icon.bin: Icon bitmap for use in the user interface.
Additionally, a core may allow users to select assets together in a predetermined group as an "instance". These instance JSON files are stored as assets themselves in the Assets folder and follow the same rules for their location.
- <instance>.json: Instance definition file, stored as an asset.
Folder Naming Convention
The core folder name should follow this convention:
CoreName correspond to